MuslimConnects.com is provided to you by 3z Web-Tech Inc. Edmonton.
Your Account. In order to access and use some or a portion of the Services, you may be required to register with us and set up an account with your email address and a password (your “Account”). The email address you provide will be your email address, and you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. Therefore, you should protect your password and make your password difficult for others to guess. You will not transfer your Account to another party without our consent.
Using the Services. You will post in the appropriate category or area and will not do any of the following bad things:
- violate any laws or our Prohibited Content Policy;
- be false or misleading;
- infringe any third-party right;
- distribute or contain spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm MuslimConnects or the interests or property of MuslimConnects users;
- copy, modify, or distribute any other person’s content;
- use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access MuslimConnects.com and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to Kijiji.
Abusing MuslimConnects.com Services. Please use the flagging system to tell us about any problems or offensive content so that together we can keep the Services site working properly. We may limit or terminate our Services, remove hosted content and take technical and legal steps to keep users off MuslimConnects.com if we think that they are creating problems or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. However, whether we decide to take any of these steps, remove hosted content or keep a user off MuslimConnects.com or not, we do not accept any liability for monitoring MuslimConnects.com or for unauthorized or unlawful content on MuslimConnects.com or use of MuslimConnects.com by users.
Fees and Services. Using the Services is generally free. We may charge fees for certain Services. If the service you use charges a fee, you will be able to review and accept that charge. Our fees are quoted in Canadian Dollars, and we may change them from time to time. We will notify you of changes to our fee policy by posting such changes on the site. We may choose to temporarily change our fees for promotional events or new services; these changes are effective when we announce the promotional event or new service. Our fees are non-refundable, and you are responsible for paying them when they’re due. If you don’t, we may limit your ability to use the Services. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms.
Canadian taxes associated with our Services will be collected when applicable. You agree to provide accurate address information necessary for Kijiji to comply with its obligations under applicable law. To the extent that such information is not provided, Kijiji will in its discretion determine and collect appropriate taxes.
You are solely responsible to collect and remit any applicable taxes resulting from the sale of your items or services listed on Kijiji.
To use certain functionality of our Kijiji Digital Retailing Solution you must be a resident of Canada and capable of forming a binding contract under applicable law, including that you are above the age of majority in the Province or Territory in which you reside. The Kijiji Digital Retailing Solution may not be available for all vehicle listings. The Kijiji Digital Retailing Solution may be subject to additional requirements as set out in the Kijiji Digital Retailing Solution. You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations in respect of any purchase you may ultimately make from a seller through Kijiji, including any licensing and/or insurance requirements.
Content. The Services contains stuff from us, you, and other users (as well as from our third party service providers). You agree not to copy, modify, resell or distribute the Services, our copyrights or trademarks. When you give us content, you are granting us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights to that content. If you believe that your rights have been violated, please notify Kijiji Customer Support and we will investigate the matter. We reserve the right to remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms or the rights of any other party.
Reporting Intellectual Property Infringements (Verified Rights Owners – VeRO). Do not post content that infringes the rights of third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, content that infringes on intellectual property rights such as copyright and trademark (e.g. offering counterfeit items for sale). Do not post content that contains any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from each such individual as may be required. We reserve the right to remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms, our policies or of any party’s rights. The following steps are for reporting a listing to Kijiji that you believe to be infringing on your intellectual property rights. Only the intellectual property rights owner can report of potentially infringing items or listings through Kijiji’s VeRO Program. If you have a good faith belief that a listing on any of the Services infringes your copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, all you need to do is download our Notice of Claimed Infringement (NOCI) form, fill it out, and email it to Kijiji at the email address provided on the form. After we receive your first NOCI, Kijiji will confirm your enrolment in our program. We reserve the right to share, in accordance with applicable law, the completed NOCI form with the third party that originally posted the potentially infringing listing.
Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability. The Services are provided “as is” and “as available”. You agree not to hold us responsible for things other users post or do. You also agree not to hold us responsible for the payment processing of other service providers such as Adyen (each a “Third Party Payment Processor”. For greater certainty, as applicable, if you link a Third Party Payment Processor account to your Kijiji Account, you acknowledge and agree that by making payments through Kijiji with that Third Party Payment Processor, you are bound by that Third Party Payment Processor’s applicable terms and conditions, and we are not liable for any loss, claims or damages howsoever arising in connection with that third party’s services). As most of the stuff on the Services comes from other users, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy or timeliness of any postings or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what is offered. We also cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to our Services. Notification functionality in our Services may not occur in real time. Such functionality is subject to delays beyond our control, including without limitation, delays or latency due to your physical location or your wireless data service provider’s network. Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted we expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchantability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose and those arising by statute. We are not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of Kijiji, even if you advise us or we could reasonably foresee the possibility of any such damage occurring. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
Despite the previous paragraph, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or any third party (whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability in tort, by statute or otherwise) is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees you pay to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to liability, and (b) 100 Canadian Dollars.
Indemnification. You will indemnify and hold harmless Kijiji and its affiliates and our and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees (each an “Indemnified Party”), from any claim made by any third party, together with any amounts payable to the third party whether in settlement or as may otherwise be awarded, and reasonable legal costs incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties, arising from or relating to your use of the Services, any alleged violation by you of the applicable terms, and any alleged violation by you of any applicable law or regulation. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, but doing so will not excuse your indemnity obligations.
Reviews.You may be asked to leave a review when messaging with other users on Kijiji. Reviews consist of a 1-5-star rating and selected reasons why you’ve chosen that review. Your submitted review, user name, profile photo (if available), and the category of the seller’s listing will be made public. User reviews should be left in good faith, ensuring that both you and the other user are depicting your interaction fairly. When leaving a review on another user’s account, the review should:
- be truthful to what happened between you and the other user
- not be left in an attempt to harass or abuse another user
- not be in left in an attempt to manipulate or mislead other users
To ensure the integrity of the review system, users are not able to edit or remove reviews on their own profile or someone else’s. Kijiji will also not mediate review-related disputes. User reviews reflect the opinions of individual Kijiji users and do not reflect the opinion of Kijiji.
We reserve the right to remove reviews which violate our policies or guidelines. For more information please read our User Review policy.
General. These terms and the other policies posted on the Services constitute the entire agreement between us and you, superseding any prior agreements. This agreement is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. We both submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario. This will not affect your statutory rights if you are a consumer and applicable consumer law requires application of another law for certain topics. If we don’t enforce any particular provision, we are not waiving our right to do so later. If a court strikes down any of these terms, the remaining terms will survive. We may automatically assign this agreement in our sole discretion in accordance with the notice provision below (our assignment to an affiliate will not require notice). Except for notices relating to illegal or infringing content, your notices to us must be sent by registered mail to:Kijiji Canada Ltd.
500 King St. W.
Suite 200, Toronto, Ontario
Re: User Inquiries
We will send notices to you via the email address you provide, or by registered mail. Notices sent by registered mail will be deemed received five days following the date of mailing. We may update this agreement at any time, with updates taking effect when you next use the site or after 30 days, whichever is sooner. No other amendment to this agreement will be effective unless made in writing, signed by users and by us. Send questions, comments or complaints to Kijiji Customer Support.
Mobile Devices Terms
If you’re accessing the Services from a mobile device using a Kijiji mobile application (the “Application”), the following terms and conditions (“Mobile Devices Terms”) apply to you in addition to the applicable Mobile Privacy and Legal Notice or End User License Agreement, as the case may be. Your use of the Application confirms your agreement to these Mobile Devices Terms.
Application Use. Kijiji grants you the right to use the Application pursuant to the following restrictions: you may not (a) modify, copy, publish, license, sell, or otherwise commercialize this Application or any information or software associated with this Application; (b) rent, lease or otherwise transfer rights to this Application; or (c) use this Application in any manner that could impair the Application or interfere with any party’s use or enjoyment of the Application. You must comply with all applicable laws and third party terms of agreement when using the Application (e.g. your wireless data service agreement). The Application may not contain the same functionality available on the Kijiji website (and certain functionality may not be available depending on which Application and/or mobile device you are using). Your download and use of the Application is at your own discretion and risk, and you are solely responsible for any damages to your hardware device(s) or loss of data that results from the download or use of the Application.
Intellectual Property – Applications. Kijiji owns, or is the licensee to, all right, title, and interest in and to its Applications, including all rights under patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, and any and all other proprietary rights, including all applications, renewals, extensions, and restorations thereof. You will not modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive source code from any Application and you will not remove, obscure, or alter Kijiji’s copyright notice, trademarks or other proprietary rights notices affixed to, contained within, or accessed in conjunction with or by any Application.
Prohibited Countries Policy and Foreign Trade Regulation – Applications. The Application or its underlying technology may not be downloaded to or exported or re-exported: (a) into (or to a resident or national of) any country subject to United States embargo; (b) to anyone on the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or on the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Party or Entity List; and (c) to any prohibited country, person, end-user, or entity specified by U.S. export laws. When using the Application, you are responsible for complying with trade regulations and both foreign and domestic laws (e.g., you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and you are not listed on any U.S. government list of prohibited or restricted parties).
Additional Terms. Additional terms and conditions that apply to you based on the mobile device the Application is installed on:
iOS – Apple
- These terms are an agreement between you and us, and not with Apple. Apple is not responsible for the Application and the content thereof.
- We grant you the right to use the Application only on an iOS product that you own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in Apple’s then-current App Store Media Services Terms and Conditions.
- Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Application.
- Apple is not responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement, and discharge of any third party intellectual property infringement claim.
- Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third party relating to the Application or your possession and/or use of the Application, including but not limited to: (a) product liability claims; (b) any claim that the Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (c) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- In the event of any failure of the Application to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple may refund the purchase price, if applicable, for the Application to you; and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Application.
- Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of these terms, and, upon your acceptance, Apple as a third party beneficiary thereof will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these terms against you.
Android – Google
- These terms are an agreement between you and us, and not with Google. Google is not responsible for the Application and the content thereof.
- Your use of the Application must comply with Google’s then-current Google Play Store Terms of Service;
- Google is only a provider of the Google Play Store where you obtained the Application;
- Google has no obligation or liability to you with respect to the Application or these terms; and
- You acknowledge and agree that Google is a third-party beneficiary to these terms as it relates to the Application.
Last Modified: June 25th, 2021
The following activities are prohibited from MuslimConnects.com :
- Posting an item for sale that is not located in Canada.
- Posting an item for sale that is illegal to own, buy or sell in your area of residence.
- Posting an item for sale that is in the prohibited items and services list.
- Posting duplicate ads in multiple categories.
- Posting ads using multiple different email addresses.
- Posting an ad that serves no other purpose other than to send traffic to a web site.
- Posting an ad that violates Kijiji’s Jobs Code of Conduct.
- Posting an ad containing a list of keywords not directly related to the item being sold.
- Posting an ad in languages other than English and French.
- Posting an ad that contains adult, mature or erotic content. Personals are not allowed.
- Posting an ad that defames anyone or contains “hate speech”.
- Posting opinions, notices, and discussion topics which should instead be posted on social media sites.
- Posting an ad in an incorrect or misleading category or with misleading information.
- Posting an ad that violates Kijiji’s Pet Posting Policies.
- Posting an ad that violates Kijiji’s Equality in Housing policy.
- Posting as a Private Seller, Owner, or Individual when you are a Business, Dealer or Professional.
- Users must be at least 16 years old to post ads on their own. Ads for our younger users must be posted by an adult for security reasons.
- Any ads that do not comply with Kijiji policies may be removed from the site. Additionally, users who violate such policies may be blocked from using Kijiji in the future.
- We may, at any time, remove an ad if we believe it interferes with the well-being of the community or the spirit of Kijiji.
Our general rule is that you may not list, buy or sell items or services that are illegal to own, buy or sell in your province of residence, or that are not bought or sold in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. You are responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws relating to the item you list, buy or sell.
Updated: June 30th, 2021
Kijiji has replaced the AdChoice program with Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada’s AdChoices. You may have previously opted-out of advertising personalization on Kijiji through the AdChoice program. If you wish to continue opting-out of advertising personalization please seeSection 5.
Table of contents
- What personal information do we collect
- How we use your personal information
- Marketing Purposes
- Access to, review and rectification of your personal information
- Protection and retention of your personal information
- Other Information
2. What personal information do we collect
You can visit our Website without registering for an account. When you decide to provide us with your personal information, you agree that such information is sent to and stored on our servers. We collect the following types of personal information:
Information we collect automatically: When you visit our Website, use our Services and or reply to ads or other content, we automatically collect the information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other equipment that provides access. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- information from your interaction with our Website and Services, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from www.kijiji.ca, referring URL, ad data, IP address and standard web log information; and
- information we collect through cookies, web beacons and similar technologies.
Information you provide to us: We collect and store any information you enter on our Website or that you provide to us when you use our Services. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- information that you provide to us when you register for an account or for the Services that you use;
- additional information that you may provide to us through social media sites or third party Services;
- information provided in the context of dispute resolution, correspondence through our Website or correspondence that is sent to us;
- information about your location and the location of your device, including your device’s unique identifier information if you have enabled this service on your mobile device, and
- your resume if you choose to submit it to us for consideration through our careers page
Information from other sources: We may receive or collect additional information about you from third parties and add this to our account information. This information includes, but is not limited to: demographic data, navigation data, additional contact data and additional data about you from other sources, such as public authorities, to the extent permitted by law.
3. How we use your personal information
You agree that we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you access to our Services and Customer Support by means of e-mail or telephone;
- to personalize, measure and improve our Services, content and ads;
- to provide you with other services that you have requested, as described when we collected the information, and
- to consider you as a potential candidate if you choose to upload your resume through our careers page.
Sharing information with and registration on social media sites: We may offer sign-on Services that enable you to access the Website or related websites with your login credentials. We can also offer Services that enable you to share information with third party social media websites, such as Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.
- service providers with whom we have entered into an agreement to help us provide our Services on the website, such as financial service providers, marketing agencies and technical support. In such cases, the personal information shall remain under the control of Kijiji Canada Ltd. If you are listing an ad, your listing or business address may be displayed on a map in your ads (including within the Kijiji mobile application) via Google Maps and therefore transferred to Google (refer to the Google Privacy Notice for more info).
– to comply with legal obligations or a court order; or
– if this is necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal offenses, such as fraud, deceit or prosecution, or
– if it is necessary to maintain our policies or to protect the rights and freedoms of others.
- other third parties to whom you have given consent to share your information via Kijiji, e.g. in the framework of a cooperation;
- companies that we intend to merge with in the context of a re-organisation or that acquire us;
- an intellectual property owner if the owner of an intellectual property right or an intermediary in good faith believes that an advertisement violates the rights of the owner. Before personal information is provided, the IP owner will enter into an agreement that, inter alia, stipulates that information is only provided on the strict condition that it may only be used in the context of legal proceedings and/or obtaining legal advice and/or to answer questions from the relevant advertiser
Without limitation to the foregoing, we shall moreover – in our efforts to respect your privacy and to keep the website free of malicious persons or parties – not disclose your personal information to third parties without a court order or formal request from the government in accordance with applicable law, unless we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to prevent impending injury or financial damages or to report alleged illegal activities.
Information you share on www.kijiji.ca: Our Website allows users to share advertisements and other information with other users, thereby making this shared information accessible to other users. Since our Website also enables you to directly contact a buyer or seller, we recommend that you consider how you share your personal information with others. You are solely responsible for the personal information you share through our Website and therefore we cannot guarantee the privacy or security of the information shared by you with other users.
In case you visit our Website from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, we strongly recommend that you log off after each session. If you do not want the shared computer to remember you and/or your credentials, you will need to remove cookies and/or the history of your website visits.
4. Marketing Purposes
You agree that we may use the information collected by us to send you offers, whether personalized or not, or to contact you by telephone regarding products or Services offered by Kijiji or companies of the Classifieds Group.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our Services and functionalities.
When you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can, where applicable, change your preferences in your My Kijiji account, or follow the unsubscribe link in the marketing communication you received.
Kijiji adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada’s (DAAC) AdChoices program principles. If you do not wish to participate in our advertising personalization using your personal information or retargeting/tracking programs, you can opt-out by following the directions provided within the applicable advertisement, or directly at the AdChoices website provided by the DAAC, and use the opt-out mechanism. This does not necessarily mean that no advertisements will be shown to you. It simply means that these advertisements will not be personalized for you by means of cookies, web beacons or similar technologies.
7. Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
– via the Contact Form; or
– by writing to Kijiji Canada Ltd. Attention: Kijiji Canada Customer Support, 500 King St. W., Suite 200, Toronto, Ontario M5V 1L9.
8. Protection and retention of your personal information
We protect your information by using technical and administrative security measures (such as firewalls, data encryption, and physical and administrative access controls to the data and servers) that limit the risk of loss, abuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, and alteration. Nevertheless, if you believe your account has been abused, please contact us through the Contact Form.
We retain personal information no longer than is legally permissible and delete personal information when it is no longer necessary for the purposes as described above.
9. Other information
Abuse and unsolicited commercial communications (“spam”): We do not tolerate abuse of our Website. You do not have permission to add other Kijiji users to your mailing list (e-mail or postal) for commercial purposes, even if a user has purchased something from you, unless the user has given his explicit consent. If you notice that someone is abusing our Website (spam or spoof emails), please notify us here.
Contact: If you have any questions about Kijiji and our Website please contact us by clicking here.
Code of Conduct
Our website address https://muslimconnects.com is developed and maintained by 3z Web-Tech Inc. It is an Edmonton based Web Designer and Development company. You can visit https://3zwebtech.com for more information about the company.
Who we are
Our website address https://muslimconnects.com is developed and maintained by 3z Web-Tech Inc. It is an Edmonton based Web Designer and Development company. You can visit https://3zwebtech.com for more information about the company.
The content displayed in the MuslimConnects.com directory consist of information from third parties, from customers, who have a listing page in our directory. MuslimConnects.com cannot be held responsible or liable for the accuracy , correctness, usefulness or reliability of the data.
At MuslimConnects.com our purpose is to Connect all Muslims on one platform, and to help Muslim Community to find Fridays Prayer offered by all the Masajids and Mussallahs in and around Edmonton, Halal Meat Shops, Restaurants serving Halal food by Muslim owners, Muslim Doctors, Muslim traders, Muslim vendors and all Local business owned by Muslims. We are always adding new businesses to our website. You can find the business listing and you can go to further details by clicking on those listings.
At Muslinconnets.com, you can add your own listing by sign in with a user name and a password. The listing will be check and it will approved if it follows the terms and conditions, as mention in the purpose and will display on the website in another 24 – 48 hours time. If your listing is not approved then your will receive an email by mentioning the reason. If you didn’t receive any email in allotted time them con contact us on email@example.com
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
Suggested text: If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
Suggested text: If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
Suggested text: If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Suggested text: Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
The brand names, logos, images and texts are the property of these third parties and their respective owners. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this matter you are welcome to contact our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org